Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hamburger Soup

1 1/2 lbs ground meat (I used ground turkey)
3 eggs
1 Tblsp flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
Mix the above and make little meatballs.
Put into:
2 qt water
1 bay leaf
3-4 potatoes, diced (I found you could add more if you wanted to stretch it further)
1/2 c chopped onion
Cook until meat and potatoes are done (appx 1 hour).
Add salt to taste.

To 1 slightly beaten egg add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Drop by spoonfuls into soup. Cover and let dumplings cook for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup sweet cream and just bring to boil OR remove from head and add 1/2 cup sour cream.


Funny story for this recipe. It was my first time ever making dumplings of any kind and they turned out kinda rubbery! lol! But I'm sure with practice they would be as delicious as the soup! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me about this recipe or even one of your own!