Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cinnamon Toasted Almonds

I L-O-V-E these! I buy them almost every year and when I don't I miss them! A couple of years ago I planned a whole list of goodies to make for Thanksgiving and decided to give them a shot home-made. Well I've made them 2 years in a row now and I think maybe I've started a new yummy tradition!

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
6 tsp vanilla extract
4 c unblanched almonds
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in vanilla. Add almonds; stir gently to coat. Combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
Spread evenly into two greased 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pans (a cookie sheet :-P ). Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 munutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me about this recipe or even one of your own!