Saturday, September 3, 2011

Brownie Pudding Cake

Made this other day (for the second time) for my Mama's birthday. I don't know how I "forgot" about this cake! It is so yummy!!! Topped with chocolate ice cream, my brother said it must be a sin. It was that good. :-) Had a request for the recipe and in thinking about how amazing this cake is, thought it was blog worthy. Here it be! :-)
Note: This recipe makes an 8x8 so when I made it I doubled it for a 9x13. Also, I substitued evaporated milk for the milk and it tasted great. Didn't even notice!

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk (or 1/4 cup evap milk & 1/4 cup water)
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (opt. I didn't but it sounds good so I might next time)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cup boiling water


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8x8 pan. In medium bowl stir together the flour, white sugar, the 2 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. (Stir in walnuts here if adding them)
Pour batter into pan. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa. Stir in the boiling water. Slowly pour mixture over the batter.
Bake for 40 minutes. Place pan on wire rack and cool for 45 to 60 minutes.

It says to serve warm which is amazing but the cake was still good the next day. I can't tell you how it tasted after 2 days because it didn't last that long. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me about this recipe or even one of your own!