Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Super Duper Zucchini Muffins

Those of you who have read my blog before know that I've recently discovered zucchini and I love it! I've loved it in soups etc for awhile but not I'm discovering it's amazing possibilities in cakes and breads etc. Yumminess! :-) So, I have a little more in my freezer from my last shredding/freezing so I thought I'd find something to use it in for Thanksgiving day. Then I remembered some amazing muffins that a friend of mine had made. They were originally applesauce or apple cinnamon or apple bran...or something like that lol but she tweaked it to be a peach muffin as she had some fresh peaches. Well I thought that it would surely be easy to tweak for zucchini...but I couldn't find it. :-/ But I came across this other one that sounds pretty good so I'm going to give it a try. :-) I'll check back and let you know how good it was. :-)


Ingredients:


2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sour milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup brown sugar


Directions:


In large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Stir in baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Pour in milk, eggs, zucchini, and vanilla. Fold in walnuts. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with brown sugar. Bake at 350* for 15 to 20 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me about this recipe or even one of your own!