Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lasagna/Alfredo Yumminess!

I actually came across and tried this recipe because I was looking for diabetic recipes for a couple in our church. This one looked so good I actually snitched a bite and am thinking I'm going to have to make it again for my family some time! This is the original recipe. I had to tweak it a little bit as I didn't have all of the ingredients, that's why I renamed it. Here's my version:


Ingredients:


3 cups noodles, cooked
1/2 pound ground turkey
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 small can of stewed tomatoes, blended
1/2 tsp sweet basil
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder (this stuff is actually good for something! :-P)
1/2 cup water
4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese




Directions:


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground turkey with the onion. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, and S & P to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a saucepan, combine milk powder, water, cream cheese, and garlic. Cook and stir over med heat until cream cheese is melted. Add cooked and drained noodles to the cream cheese mixture. Transfer to a 8-in casserole dish coated with oil. Top with the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.


   Totally should have taken a photo of it because it was yummy looking! But, I guess you'll just have to go by your imagination. Or make it for yourself... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me about this recipe or even one of your own!